Developing Supervision Skills 2022
A series of ten workshops over three terms designed for Psychotherapists and Psychodynamic Counsellors wishing to explore their supervision practice. The Course consists of Lectures/Discussions and Clinical Presentation Groups which take place on Saturdays 10.00am to 1.00pm
Provisional syllabus (to be confirmed before the start of the course)
• Supervision and reflective practice
• The boundaries and setting of supervision
• The process of supervision
• Helping the supervisee work with ethical issues and dilemmas
• The effects of difference and ‘race’ in supervision
• Helping the supervisee work with transference and countertransference
• Helping the supervisee work with impasse and breakdown of therapy
• Helping the supervisee work with risk and suicide
• Supervising time-limited work
• Supervising in groups
CLINICAL PRESENTATION GROUPS
Participants are encouraged to present clinical material from their own supervisory practice in a confidential small group setting. The clinical groups will be facilitated by experienced British Psychotherapy Foundation Psychotherapists.
DATES in 2022 (to be confirmed)
March 19, March 26, April 30, May 21, June 25, July 16, September 17, October 15, November 19, December 17
The course will be delivered online.
All cancellations must be made in writing and subject to an admin fee of £25
100% refund will be given for cancellations up to 60 days before the course start date.
50% refund will be given for cancellations up to 30 days before the course start date.
No refund for cancellations received in less than 30 days before the course start date.
For further information and an application form, please contact:
Sandra Pereira, MSc, Postgraduate & Public Courses Officer, British Psychotherapy Foundation,
37 Mapesbury Road, London NW2 4HJ Tel 020 8452 9823