Current members, please click here to access our Members Area
Becoming a bpf member
By becoming a bpf member you will be joining the largest psychotherapy training and membership organization in the UK.
The bpf is an organization with which is committed to ensuring that psychotherapy trainings and courses have a viability future and to demonstrate the relevance of psychoanalytic and Jungian thinking in the 21st century. The bpf offers adult and child and adolescent trainings.
The benefits of bpf membership include:
- Access to a wide range of CPD events and courses;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Access to PEPweb and the British Journal of Psychotherapy;
- Opportunities to join highly skilled and experienced training committees and to teach on bpf trainings and courses
- Being part of a membership institution covering a range of modalities: Psychoanalytic, Jungian, Psychoanalysis, Child and Adolescent psychotherapy
There are currently 2 ways for therapists who have not completed a bpf training to become bpf members:
Psychotherapists who are registered with the BPC
- Psychotherapists who have completed a BPC training which is comparable with a bpf can apply for bpf membership.
- Applicants will need to complete a short membership application form. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychotherapists and counsellors who are not registered with the BPC Entry Scheme
- The bpf runs a number of Modified Entry Schemes (MES) that lead to bpf membership and registration with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
- The programmes are open to people who have completed a BPC or non BPC training such a UKCP.
- The Modified Entry Schemes are individually tailored programmes which take account of previous trainings and experience. People can use a programme leading to a bpf psychoanalytic psychotherapy qualification or to a bpf Analytic Jungian qualification.
- The MES are open to people such as Psychotherapists, Psychodynamic Counsellors, Arts Therapists, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapists, Couples Psychotherapists, Group Analysts and Humanistic Psychotherapists
- Successful completion of a MES leads to membership of one of the bpf’s Associations (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association (PPA) or British Jungian Analysts Association (BJAA).
- For further information or to speak with someone about your application please contact email@example.com
Applicants may be required to attend seminars.